There comes a time in every Wurmian's mind when a make-shift cave starts to feel like home. Even though I knew my time was limited for this adventure, I kept finding myself reasoning out where I would put things and how I could expand Refugio to give me more elbow room. There were a few giddy moments which I am too manly to reveal, but needless to say, I loved Refugio and thought I might want to secure it for myself at some future time. To suffice my cravings, I decided I would open a few more tiles in the near future to make room for storage space.
With the pelt, I continued crafting a shovel I had started a few days prior. As I was polishing the (real) shovel, the thought of completing a hammer came to mind. How was I going to make a hammer if I needed a hammer to complete a hammer? When the shovel completed after just a single polish attempt, the answer came to me. I would need to make hammers until I could complete one without having the hammer action requirement. It took many attempts as my forge filled with unfinished hammers needing a hammer. But eventually, it happened this way...
- I crafted a hammer head which was completed on the first try.
- I combined it with a shaft and created an unfinished hammer that required tempering with water.
- I tempered the unfinished hammer and it required sharpening, though I had no idea why.
- I sharpened the unfinished hammer and it required tempering again.
- I tempered the unfinished hammer and it was successfully completed.